Although I have proof-readers who help me keep spelling and grammar errors out of my books, sometimes a few mistakes slip through. That’s why I’ve decided to try something a bit different. Starting this month (February 2013), I’m inviting people to let me know about any typos they find in my books, and everyone who takes part will be entered into a prize draw. Each month, one person will win a $100 Amazon voucher!
How it works
To enter, you simply send me an email with a list of any errors you’ve found in my books. For each error, you get entered one time in the prize draw, e.g. if you let me know about 10 errors, you get entered 10 times. At the end of the month, I’ll use a random number generator to select one person, and that person wins the $100 Amazon voucher.
If you enter and then find more errors later in the month, you can also send those and you’ll receive the relevant number of additional entries.
So, for example, if you let me know about 10 errors, and I get a total of 100 errors sent to me in the same month, you’ll have a 1-in-10 chance of winning! You can enter as many times as you want, and at the start of each month it all starts again and there’ll be another $100 Amazon voucher to be won. You can’t re-enter old errors that have since been fixed.
The type of errors I’m looking for include spelling and grammar errors, or cases where you think a character has been called by the wrong name.
About the prize: I’m offering one Amazon voucher each month, worth $100. There will only be one winner each month. If you’d rather have a UK voucher in £, or a voucher in some other currency, that’s fine, just let me know when you enter. Also, if you’d prefer a different kind of voucher for a different website, let me know and I’ll see what I can do; I can’t promise to accomodate any requests, but I’ll do my best. The voucher will be sent to each month’s winner by e-mail. If you win one month, you can still enter the next month.
Each month’s winner will be announced on the 1st day of the month, so the first winner will be picked and notified on March 1st. I’ll also mention the winner’s name on Facebook and Twitter, unless you ask me not to! There are no restrictions about who can enter, so you can be in any country in the world!
The competition is open now. To enter, use the contact form!
1. This competition is open to anyone, anywhere in the world.
2. There will only be one winner each month, drawn at random.
3. The winner will be notified on the 1st day of the following month, e.g. the winner for February will be notified on March 1st.
4. The prize is a $100 Amazon voucher, sent by e-mail. Alternative prizes of the same value might be possible, upon request, but can’t be guaranteed.
5. By entering, you acknowledge that you understand the rules and that you will not receive any remuneration other than being entered in the prize draw.
6. The monthly draws will run indefinitely, and I’ll try to give at least one month’s warning will be given on this website if they are to stop. However, I reserve the right to cancel the competition with no notice if something goes horribly wrong.